Business Analyst - Payroll systems
|Job Title:||Business Analyst - Payroll systems|
|Location:||Pyrmont, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$800 - AU$900 per day + superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Melissa Turkington|
|Job Published:||March 30, 2022 13:43|
This highly respected higher education provider has recently upgraded their payroll and time and attendance systems from Oracle to Ascender. Due to the nature of their business, the processes surrounding this uplift are complex and varied whilst also needing to be compliant with the relevant Enterprise Bargaining Agreements.
The culture is high performing with a great set of people, offfering a unique place to work.
They have now gone live with a new payroll and timesheet system for casual non academic staff and need to ensure that there are correct processes in place that reduce any risk to the organisation.
Within this there is an enterprise bargaining agreement that they must adhere to eg specific clauses and policies that relate to the type of work that people can do -rules and regulations eg being paid for a certain number of hours etc etc - complex systems, overlaid with compliance of enterprise agreements.
- Map current "as is" state, working closely with stakeholders across multiple divisions, conducting interviews/workshops to assess their current process. These processes will cover such things as approvals for timesheets, payment processes for casual staff, monitoring hours worked etc.
- Review Enterprise Bargaining Agreements that relate to this sector/job type
- Map to be processes ensuring compliance to the relevant Enterprise Bargaining Agreements and identify any risks for proposed "to be" process recommendations.
- Compile business case/recommendations paper of what the 'to-be' state should look like, how people will comply/understand their responsibilities;
- Develop project plan with the Project Manager - also consider reporting requirements that enable the organisation to measure compliance moving forward
- Ideally prior higher education knowledge or have worked in a sector with a union aspect - strong governance
- Previous project experience with payroll systems/HRIS; Ascender preferable
- Strong focus on governance and compliance
- Previous experience working within Enterprise Bargaining Agreements (EBA's) would be ideal
- Must have excellent stakeholder engagement, strong written communication skills, mature communication style
- Experience working with project stakeholders such as workplace relations, outsourced payroll providers/vendors
- Previous experience putting together recommendations/business case
- Extensive stakeholder engagement
This role works from home until further notice, it is anticipated at some point you may be required to come onsite 1 or 2 days per week however this is very flexible.
Rate is c$850 + super - negotiable for the right candidate.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Technical Business Analyst
Sydney, New South Wales
AU$950 - AU$1045 per day
Head of Systems and Development
Bondi Junction, New South Wales
AU$200000 - AU$220000 per annum + discretionary bonus
Homebush, New South Wales
AU$800 - AU$900 per day
Full Stack Developer
Sydney, New South Wales
Up to AU$161700 per annum
Burwood, New South Wales
AU$1000 - AU$1100 per day