|Job title:||Contracts Manager|
|Salary:||AU$1200 - AU$1300 per day + including super|
|Contact name:||Melissa Turkington|
This prestigious government organisation is undergoing a large digital transformation over the next 2-3 years. They currently require a highly experienced Contracts Manager or Commercial Manager to own the ICT contract management for IT implementations.
This is the chance to own the contracts space within a highly regarded program of work. The Manager Contracts will be responsible for establishing a framework for the management of ICT contracts. The position will manage commercial contracts from award to completion, including supplier relationship development, contract performance and risk management, to meet stakeholder expectations and business objectives.
Initially the role will manage a contract worth $7m over 2 years and then another $7m over the next 5 years. The initial $7m will be project services implementing a network refresh. Subsequently the role will administer managed services coming off the implementation.
You will be required to:
- Establish a framework from the ground up, developing strategies and systems to improve the contract management function and improve supplier outcomes
- Develop and execute contract management plans, establishing KPI's and governance structures, risk identification and monitoring performance
- Provide ongoing management of major inflight contracts
- Review existing ICT contracts and manage these in the same way
- Identify opportunities in saves in current procurement and vendor management practices and provide advice on how to improve contracts and their outcomes
- Prepare and negotiate contract variations, contract renewals and claims/disputes to deliver better procurement outcomes and mitigate commercial risks
- Extensive experience in a senior IT contracts manager or commercial manager role
- Demonstrable experience establishing frameworks for the contract management function, establishing governance
- Experience managing the IT contracts function, ideally within a government organisation
- Strong attention to detail and stakeholder engagement
- Experience working closely with vendors
This role is initially a 6 month contract however there is very likely to extend. Please send your CV in word format asap (by Monday 10th May).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our privacy-policy