|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$700 - AU$730 per day + including super, wfh 2-3 days/week|
|Contact Name:||Melissa Turkington|
|Job Published:||March 31, 2021 15:05|
This large insurance company is currently working on a large data migration program and have the need to recruit two Data Analysts to support the program.
You will use a mix of data analysis, business analysis, and technical analysis skills that will support the movement of data and documents from external sources systems to the single technology platform.
Work with the business and technical SMEs to address the impacts of data migration on claims operations, application functionality, regulatory reporting, downstream business intelligence and financial systems.
The role allows candidates to work from home 2-3 days per week. Initially a 12 month contract, there is a likelihood of extension after this time.
- Consult with business and technical SMEs and translate their requirements into a data migration framework
- Partner with development teams to translate analytical assumptions, constraints and outcomes into business context for stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver articulate and persuasive presentations of findings and recommendations, ensuring the delivery is tailored appropriately to the audience.
- Partner with other delivery teams to analyse how application continuous development may impact on the data migration activities
- Collaborate with Technical Partners to address issues impacting migration around, data quality, data definitions, data integrity
- Partner with the business SMEs and other Data Teams to help them understand the impact to operations of data related issues and to ensure there is no impact from migration activities on regulatory reporting
- Work with the testing teams to identify data that meets test case requirements.
- Document key decisions, key transformation logic, key data management logic and business data rules.
- Review existing data sources to assess their applicability to address the business problem, and/or propose additional sources required for a solution.
- Write simple SQL queries in order to extract information
Ideally you will be from a data analytics environment with experience in data profiling, definition and the ability to run simple SQL queries, analyse data, assess data issues and support the ETL and data migration.
- Demonstrated development experience writing and understanding SQL (simple SQL queries)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to interpret information and make sound decisions in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business analysis, technical analysis, data analysis and project management in information services,
- Demonstrated data management and data security experience
- Good excel experience
- Experience with data handling in terms of classification eg PI Data would be advantageous
Applications close Wednesday 7th April so please send your CV in word format asap.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's