|Job Title:||Data Architect|
|Location:||Newcastle, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$108000 - AU$121000 per annum + (incl Super), negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Craig Nel|
|Job Published:||July 29, 2019 15:14|
This enterprise-level organisation in the Newcastle region is undergoing a huge digital transformation program of work and is in the process of building up their IT team.
The Data Architect is responsible for the development of information management standards and practices, defining the data model, and assisting in implementation and management of the model in the data warehouse as well as the design of the integration of source system data into the data warehouse. The role defines how data will be stored, accessed, integrated and managed by different data entities, applications and IT systems. At the centre of the role is development of innovative ways of managing the information assets to provide a single source of truth, availability and high-quality information. The Data Architect will be operating in an Agile environment with a diverse group of stakeholders, the role is key in supporting the organisation's strategic vision.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, software engineering or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications.
- Certification in TOGAF (desirable)
- Scrum certification (desirable)
- Microsoft certifications will be highly regarded
- Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Extensive experience as a Data or Information Architect in end-to-end enterprise solution planning, design and delivery
- Experience in producing prototypes, data models for complex data sets and exposure to different data platforms
- Experience in information and data architecture, information analysis, data warehouse, data design and application requirements analysis
- Sound experience in developing data-centric / data-driven transformation strategies for complex IT environments
- Well-rounded understanding of technology, architecture, operations and key business processes
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge and experience in analytics solutions including; big data platforms, techniques and algorithms for data mining
- Knowledge of and practical experience of TOGAF
- Sound knowledge of data quality practices
This is a rare permanent opportunity with a large enterprise organisation in Newcastle. You'll enjoy a great work/life balance and unique benefits including a 35-hour work week and flex time.
If you are tired of the headaches of the Sydney commute and are ready for a change of scenery and this is the perfect opportunity to make your move.
What are you waiting for?
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY button and we will happily review your application against our clients' requirements.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's