|Job Title:||Data Engineer|
|Location:||Inner Suburbs Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$50 - AU$55 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Melissa Turkington|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2019 17:04|
Our client is dedicated to helping the lives of many Australians. They currently have a requirement for a Data Engineer to work in their data science team. The company has complex and semi-structured data and uses the agile framework for developing and testing.
This data engineer role will be involved in the programming, testing, and documentation of new data pipelines under development and built with open source tools.
The role will be key in ensuring data pipelines will efficiently onboard key data for other teams, end-users and business platforms.
Key accountabilities include:
- Developing and contributing to the code base in accordance with internal coding standards
- Testing and documenting data transformation processes
- Researching, investigating and appraising best practice data engineering approaches using data science languages
- Automating processes when appropriate and developing reports logging scheduled activity
- Documenting/Packaging the code base
Essential Skills & Experience (please only apply if you have the following):
- 3+ years' experience with R and the tidyverse collection of packages
- 3+ years' experience with SQL
- Demonstrated experience in handling and manipulating medium-large complex datasets
It will also be looked upon very favourably if you have experience with automating processes and systems.
- Work for an organization that is changing lives
- Long term contract - 9 months
- $435 per day inclusive
- Inner-Sydney location
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY button and we will happily review your application against our clients' requirements. Please note: we prefer MS Word formatted resumes please.
Please only apply if you have valid Australian working rights.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's