|Job Title:||Data Scientist|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Melissa Turkington|
|Job Published:||May 13, 2019 08:54|
This forward-thinking government agency, based in the CBD, currently has an immediate need for a Data Scientist to join their team of analysts and hit the ground running. The company is working on a number of interesting and challenging projects, collecting data from across NSW government agencies to support workforce planning.
As a highly technical Data Scientist you will be a master storyteller, predictive modeller and analytics guru, integrating, analysing and modelling data collated from various sources and government clusters to assist in future decision making for workforce planning. This could involve such things as the impact of an ageing workforce, using predictive modelling to visualise various scenarios with tools such as Power BI or Qlik Sense, taking into account different assumptions and then telling the story to various stakeholders.
You will work independently as part of a small, high-performing division, supported by a team of 15-20 analysts. The role may involve mentoring these existing analysts within the team, so prior mentoring experience will be looked upon favourably.
The contract can begin immediately and run until 30th June 2019, with possibility of extension.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years' experience as a data guru
- 3+ years as a Data Scientist
- Strong experience with Predictive Modelling
- SQL, Python and ideally R
- Data visualisation tools eg Power BI, Qlik Sense
- Excellent story-telling ability
- Academics from a research background/University will also be considered
- Immediate start
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Government experience or workforce planning experience would be advantageous
- Machine Learning is desirable but not essential (Thoughtspot)
- $market rate
- CBD location
- Progressive government agency with high profile projects
- Good potential for longer term contract
- Immediate start
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY button and we will happily review your application against our clients' requirements. Please note: we prefer MS Word formatted resumes please.Please only apply if you have valid Australian working rights.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Data Engineer - AWS $143,000k Pack - On-Prem to Cloud Project
Pyrmont, New South Wales
Up to AU$143000.00 per annum
Bondi Junction, New South Wales
AU$130000 - AU$143000 per annum
Senior Technical Business Analyst
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
AU$950 - AU$1040 per day + including super