Database Specialist / Programmer
|Job Title:||Database Specialist / Programmer|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$650 - AU$700 per day + plus super|
|Contact Name:||Lee Hogben|
|Job Published:||February 03, 2021 11:45|
This well-known government agency currently has a 2 contract roles available for experienced Database Programmers. The role is required to advise on technical solutions and perform development tasks as required to ensure the success of a project to deliver an advanced linkage platform capable of integrating records from numerous source systems. The role is initially offered to the end of the financial year with possibility of extension. Develop the process and code base in PL/SQL (Oracle) to match records from diverse source systems, enabling identification of linked person records across the criminal justice system within the client's statistical linkage environment.
- Lead the technical development of matching techniques, creating an enduring environment that is straightforward to maintain and extend
- Evaluate the effectiveness using statistical methods of the business rules proposed for matching, in line with project requirements and with a focus on demonstrating value for the Department
- Report on and present the outcomes of the approach taken to matching and evaluation of business rules, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Consult with stakeholders and interrogate systems to develop a comprehensive understanding of the source datasets, including their limitations of use
- Prepare project documentation as required, including status updates, reports, and discussion papers.
- Collaborate on a range of data collection, metadata, analysis and visualisation tasks
Key Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience matching datasets of varying data quality, experience matching individuals preferred
- Demonstrated experience programming in SQL (Oracle preferred) for at least five years
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience and interpersonal skills
- Experience with data matching projects
- Experience handling sensitive information
- Experience with programming languages like Python
- Knowledge of the NSW Criminal Justice System and related processes
Develop the process and code base in PL/SQL (Oracle) to match records from diverse source systems, enabling identification of linked person records across the criminal justice system within BOCSAR's statistical linkage environment.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV in WORD format only by clicking on the apply now.