|Job title:||Data Analyst|
|Salary:||Up to AU$69 per hour + superannuation|
|Contact name:||Melissa Turkington|
This government agency within the Health sector requires a Data Manager/Data Analyst to be responsible for coordinating the linkage of health related datasets of Centre for Health Record Linkage (CHeReL) databases using advanced statistical techniques. Projects will involve novel linkage or sampling methods and will require documentation of methods developed.
You will mainly be using demographic data to link records to a person eg DOB, address etc.
- Interpret data linkage plans as specified in project documentation and produce an operational plan for the linkage.
- Link health related datasets; including using Choicemaker software with a matching model that has been previously developed.
- Test the accuracy of the model at different cut-off points for clerical review of uncertain matches to minimise false positive and false negative matches, at the same time keeping the number of clerical reviews at a manageable level.
- Determine cut-off points for linkage of various datasets in consultation with the Manager, CHeReL and other staff of the CHeReL.
- Undertake data extraction using a range of data extraction tools including SQL, SAS or similar.
The position requires the person to have a strong ability to write SQL server queries with some basic SQL Server DBA knowledge (Space management, Table creation, Index creation), in addition experience with loading data from text files and CSV into a database.
- Experience in undertaking data manager, data analyst, systems or database administrator, or similar roles
- 2-3 years experience with SQL server queries and the capacity to use data extraction tolls such as SQL, SQL Server SSIS objects and SAS query language would be an advantage
- Excellent analytical thinking, ability to work autonomously and part of a team
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our privacy-policy