IT Project Manager
|Job title:||IT Project Manager|
|Salary:||AU$900 - AU$985 per day + including super|
|Contact name:||Lee Hogben|
This NSW Government agency funds and regulates education services for NSW students from early childhood to secondary school, delivering world-class education through its public schools and providing funding support to non-government schools.
This opportunity will see you manage the technical delivery of a high priority digital project. You will be part of an energetic Information Technology Directorate team, and work very closely with the Directorate, as well as external vendors.
- Lead the technical delivery of the Transition to School Digital Statement (TTSDS) project
- Work with the Early Childhood Education project team to deliver various packages of work for TTSDS including:
- Schools-facing dashboard
- User application authentication solution
- Enhancing existing minimum viable product
- Source data identification and atomisation
- Analytics dashboard
- Use agile project methodologies to manage a cross-functional development team to deliver digital initiatives
- Providing technical and ITD project governance advice to the Early Childhood Education project team and leadership as required
- Support IT procurement and resource hiring activities.
- Vendor Management
- Contribute to the development of the project plan and manage implementation with the Early Childhood Education project team, in line with ITD standard project management principles such as
- Issue and Risk Management
- Communications and Change Management
- Stakeholder communication and management
- Reporting and governance in line with ITD PMO requirements
- Facilitation of communication and information exchange between technical vendors and project staff in an agile delivery methodology context.
- Facilitation of testing and quality assurance activities
- Change release management, including managing iterative release, controls and approvals
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience navigating ITD governance processes
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated SCRUM and Agile project delivery experience
- Knowledge and understanding of recognised project management methodologies
- Extensive experience as a project manager in a large, complex IT environment with a proven ability to deliver complex IT projects
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities, sometimes managing the delivery of multiple initiatives concurrently
- Experience working for a large government agency
You must be either an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident to be considered for this role.
Please send your CV in WORD format only.