Manager, Application Development
|Job Title:||Manager, Application Development|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$160000 - AU$165000 per annum + attractive package|
|Contact Name:||Tito Brena|
|Job Published:||October 27, 2021 15:19|
The Manager, Application Development leads the Agency's software development process to ensure that development projects are delivered on time and to budget, and the delivered business systems are fit-for purpose and achieve optimal outcomes for the organisation.
- Manage and monitor software development activities across all Agency projects to meet business requirements
- Engage with stakeholders, business analysts and architects to ensure the production of solution design documentation sufficient for application development and support teams to implement and maintain those solutions as an integrated component of the agency's ICT environment.
- Manage and coach team leads and developers to ensure alignment across all development activities at the technical delivery level, and consistent application of relevant standards and procedures.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Agency's strategies, standards and procedures relating to the systems development lifecycle and delivery methodologies, ensuring that they reflect industry best practice and support the Agency's strategic plans.
- Develop tender documents and contribute to the evaluation, negotiation and implementation of application development contracts to meet business needs and ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements.
- Support the Executive Director and Business System colleagues to ensure the effective resolution of issues and to achieve corporate goals
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing multiple teams to deliver concurrent software development projects.
- Strong technical knowledge, preferably using a Microsoft technology stack e.g., C#, .NET, .NET Core, MVC, SQL Server, Azure
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a complex environment such as government or larger (>750 internal user) corporate.
- Experience using various software development approaches such as Waterfall and Agile.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Head of Systems and Development
Bondi Junction, New South Wales
AU$200000 - AU$220000 per annum + discretionary bonus
Full Stack Developer
Sydney, New South Wales
Up to AU$161700 per annum
Senior Technical Business Analyst
Sydney, New South Wales
AU$950 - AU$1045 per day
Homebush, New South Wales
AU$800 - AU$900 per day
Senior Full-Stack Developer (Azure)
Chatswood, New South Wales
AU$900 - AU$1000 per day