|Job Title:||Operations Engineer|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$600 - AU$750 per day|
|Contact Name:||David Pickles|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2019 11:14|
A fantastic opportunity to join a blue-chip organisation that is the major player in their field.
Due to increase in project demand and new products to be released this exciting opportunity has become available. Our client has a requirement for an Operations Engineer, ideally with an Applications Support background. In this role you will need a holistic mindset and the experience and capability to offer an end to end service, highlighting potential issues quickly before they become problems. The ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively with software engineers and key stakeholders is crucial to be successful in this role.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- 5 years minimum experience as an end to end Operations Engineer. This includes, developing smart solutions to not only manage incidents, but strive for incident prevention
- Minimum of 5 years experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with Splunk, Datadog
- Solid Linux and Database experience (MySQL preferably)
- Proven experience working in Agile Scrum environments is also essential;
- Programming skills in Java, Go, Python are desirable
- Must be proactive, with the ability to work at all levels within an organisation;
- Will need superior stakeholder communication and management skills, be comfortable liaising with the most senior levels within the organisation, be flexible, adaptable and collaborative;
- Excellent opportunity to join one of Australia's top brands;
- Central location, close to transport;
- High potential for longer term contract or permanent opportunity.
How to apply:
- Please click on the APPLY button and we will happily review your application against our clients' requirements. Please note: we prefer MS Word formatted resumes.
Please only apply if you have valid Australian working rights.