|Job Title:||Oracle DBA|
|Location:||Inner West Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$500 - AU$680 per day + superannuation|
|Contact Name:||Melissa Turkington|
|Job Published:||May 13, 2020 11:11|
This health organisation is at the forefront of patient care, supported by smart infrastructure. The role will support the functions of the service database systems including key applications such as eMR, patient billing system, clinicial data warehouse etc.
Based in InnerWest Sydney they require a highly experienced Oracle Database Administrator, ideally with HP UX experience.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide Database Administration on Oracle based systems
- Ensure efficient and reliable operation of Oracle database systems, ensuring optimal performance, reliability, integrity, security and availability.
- Develop and enhance database functionalities including backup and maintenance strategies
- Establish the needs of users, monitor user access and security; monitor performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users; mapping out of the conceptual design for a planned database; maintain accessibility for end-users; manage database storage requirements;
- installation and testing new software/database versions;
- update and create database documentation, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata); controlling access permissions and privileges; develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans; ensure storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Provide administration and system support for Oracle based systems. (LINUX/UNIX)
- Manage, maintain, patch and upgrade different application releases
- Manage application accessibility
- Maintain SQL database systems (mostly when other SQL DBA's are away)
- 5+ years' experience in an Oracle Database Administration role
- Experience with Backup and Restoration technologies such as Symantec Backup Exec, HP Data Protector and Actifio
- Experience in virtualisation technologies in relation to the hosting of database systems, VMware 5.5 & 6.0 and Hyper-V
- Previous experience in SQL, Unix, Linux and Windows Server including scripting, system installation, tuning, troubleshooting, patching and upgrading is an advantage
- Understanding of working in a critical 24/7 availability environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be on call for support and working varying shifts; occasional travel
- Previous experience working within the health industry would be favourable
How to apply
Please click apply now using a WORD version of your CV.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Technical Applications Specialist
Chatswood, New South Wales
AU$800 - AU$900 per day + including super, wfh 3-4 days/week
North Sydney, New South Wales
Up to AU$69 per hour + superannuation
Technical Lead / Senior Data Engineer
Macquarie Park, New South Wales
AU$950 - AU$1060 per day + inclusive