Principal Data Scientist
|Job title:||Principal Data Scientist|
|Salary:||AU$190000.00 - AU$205000.00 per annum + discretionary bonus|
|Contact name:||Lee Hogben|
My client is one of the country's largest automotive financiers and is seeking 2 experienced Principal Data Scientists to join the team on a permanent basis. These positions exist due to internal promotions and are offering an attractive salary and benefits package.
As a Principal Data Scientist, you will bring with you a successful track record in Credit Risk Management or a related field and manage a small team of 5-6 people.
- Design, develop implement and manage advanced analytics projects including:
- Application & Behaviour Scorecards
- Fraud & Collections Scorecards
- Loss Forecasting
- IFRS9 compliant credit provision models
- Risk Segmentation
- Retail Automated Underwriting Processes
- Research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyse diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes by leveraging complex statistical and predictive modelling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques
- Proven people management capabilities and be able to research, design, implement and validate cutting edge algorithms using various statistical and machine learning concepts
- Communicate with business stakeholders across retail and commercial credit teams, and leverage business knowledge to industrialize and monetize insights from advanced analytics projects
- Partner with domain experts in credit to verify model capabilities and translate modelling outputs from statistical inferences into business language
- Partners with IT resources to enable appropriate data flow/data model, development using appropriate tools / technology, rapid prototyping and informs the design of analytical products
- Trains and mentors less experienced employees on data science tools and methodologies
- Educated to a degree level in quantitative disciplines such as statistics, finance, engineering, mathematics, etc.
- A successful track record in Credit Risk Management or related field (min 5-7 years)
- Proven track record in managing small to medium sized teams delivering high-end analytics projects (min 2-3 years)
- Strong operational knowledge of SQL, R, and SAS
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong capabilities to articulate complex analytical information
- Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to create strong links with P&L and the operational business areas
- Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy and work under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Good commercial business acumen
You must be either an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident to be considered for this role.
Please send your CV in WORD format only.
Job has Expired
Get similar jobs like these by email