Principal Product Engineer
|Job Title:||Principal Product Engineer|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$150000 - AU$160000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Henry Brosius|
|Job Published:||June 29, 2020 15:15|
This company is a large enterprise organisation that are well known for their innovative use of cutting-edge technologies.
The team is continuing to expand and there is a need for a switched-on Principal Product Engineer that has proven principal-level full stack development experience and that is keen to stay hands on and teach others.
Reporting to the product director the Principal Product Engineer will work in an agile, test driven development environment and will lead all stages of the development process to build highly targeted products with the aim of delivering increased customer value.
Within this role you will have the challenging responsibility for leading a team that builds and deploys innovative, user-centric web and multimedia software.
As a subject matter expert, you will offer leadership, advice and input across all teams and support the guidance and mentorship of less senior engineers.
Specific responsibilities of the role will include:
- Leading end to end product development through build, release, maintenance and enhancement of product features, to deliver high quality products which are thoroughly tested and optimised
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and other key stakeholders, making decisions together to deliver valuable working software for customers.
- Lead the provision of technical expertise to enhance the quality of product solution design.
- Leads testing processes and gather feedback to improve code quality.
- Develop and enhances developer practices and culture to enable high performance product development.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of senior full development experience (Node, React, Java/J2EE) including a solid background in software testing.
- Extensive experience in AWS cloud deployment and management.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects, product design and/or software development within an Agile environment.
- Excellent understanding of build and configuration management and continuous integration delivery.
- Strong experience with TDD with an equally strong background with front-end, back-end and integration development.
- Experience managing projects, product design or software development within an Agile / DevOps environment will be an advantage.
This is perfect fixed-term opportunity where you can be a true polyglot developer and have a enviable balance of cutting-edge technologies, fun and challenging project work and honest work/life balance. There will also be an option for a full-time permaent position.
For your efforts you will enjoy a highly competitive salary, unique benefits and work within an organisation that will allow you to keep on top of new and emerging technologies.
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY button and we will happily review your application against our clients' requirements.
Please note: we prefer MS Word formatted resumes please.
Please only apply if you have Australian residency or citizenship if appropriate.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's