|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$120000 - AU$133000.00 per annum + pro rata + annual leave loading|
|Contact Name:||Melissa Turkington|
|Job Published:||November 20, 2019 09:26|
High profile government agency requires an experienced Project Manager to manage the delivery of a number of IT projects, specifically around the modernisation of technology. The role will primarily be based in Sydney however some travel may be required.
You will be working on a number of interrelated projects including:
- an NBN migration, design and roll out of related infrastructure across a number of sites;
- going to tender and evaluating new carriage providers for VOIP, alarms, GPS to name a few.
- Manage several projects on once, ensuring the project is on time and on budget
- Produce cost modelling and business cases to substantiate your choice of vendors
In this role you will manage the risk, quality, progress and costs of one or more IT projects, often to demanding timescales. You will develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, and prepare reports for senior management.
You will be required to hit the ground running and have exceptional communication skills.
Although the initial contract will be for 6 months, the work is expected to take 12 months+, therefore it is highly likely the contract will be extended in line with this.
Essential requirements (Please only apply if you have the following)
- ICT background
- 5-10 years' experience as a Project Manager
- Have worked on migration projects, in particularly migration of data/VOIP would be highly desirable
- Demonstrated high level written skills to prepare progress reports, project plans, communications plans and memoranda.
- Strong with project scheduling, cost modelling, producing compelling business cases
- MUST be great communicator and mindful of stakeholders
- Ability to hit the ground running/well organised
- Knowledge of and experience using a project management methodology, preferably including a recognised qualification in PRINCE2 or similar.
- Opportunity to work with one of Australia's high profile government departments
- Long term assignment, expected to last over a year however initial contract will be 6 months
- Start asap
How to apply
Please click on the apply button and we will review your application against our clients' requirements.
Please only apply if you match all the role criteria and hold Australian Permanent Residency/Citizenship
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Canberra CBD, Australian Capital Territory
AU$900 - AU$1000 per day + Renewable Energy
Project Manager - Legal Systems
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
Technical Architect - Cyber Security
Parramatta, New South Wales
Senior Business Analyst - Digital
Sydney, New South Wales
AU$850 - AU$950 per day + + super
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory