|Job Title:||Release Manager|
|Location:||St Leonards, New South Wales|
|Salary:||Up to AU$750 per day + inclusive|
|Start Date:||14th September 2020|
|Contact Name:||Melissa Turkington|
|Job Published:||September 02, 2020 17:19|
Large organisation within the Health sector requires a Release Manager for the build and release management of key Health applications. These applications consume large amounts of data from numerous sources.
The team currently has 10+ developers writing code, which needs to go to the production environment. The Release manager will own this process and what goes out to production, ideally implementing DevOps - CI/CD along the way.
This role has huge scope for you to make it your own where no two days will be the same. As a newly created role, they are looking for someone to come and make their mark as Release Manager whilst also driving forward DevOps and eventually automation (there are no legacy devops in place).
This is a key role to ensure the build and release of highly customisable and scalable systems is successful. In particular, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and coordinating release/deployments for multiple applications across different environments.
- Implementing Microsoft DevOps release process.
- Implementing automated DevOps for SQL deployment.
- Reviewing SQL source code to identify discrepancies and issues
- Managing SQL source code that is ready for deployment, includes source controlling code and managing branches.
- Optimising release management practices, including documenting formal processes and procedures.
- Managing multiple concurrent activities, whilst creating and maintaining a coordinated release calendar.
In addition they are looking to get all systems into Azure by 2021 and this role will be key to ensuring this happens successfully.
The successful candidate will be highly proficient in Microsoft SQL server skills including development and administration, proficiency in Redgate change automation and source control; and GIT.
Perhaps you have come from a SQL Developer background and are looking for your next career step into Release Management.
In addition you will have:
- Extensive SQL Server Development - ESSENTIAL
- Experience (>2 years) working with RedGate tools including and not limited to SQL Source Control, SQL Change Automation, SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare and DLM Dashboard.
- Experience (>2 years) with Source control (Git/SourceTree & SVN/TortoiseSVN) and managing branches
The contract will run until 30th June 2021 with likely yearly extensions
Please send your CV in WORD format by clicking the apply button.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's