Senior Analyst (Ref: 4580)
|Job Title:||Senior Analyst (Ref: 4580)|
|Location:||Hills District, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$140000 - AU$165000.00 per annum + (incl Super), negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Craig Nel|
|Job Published:||August 07, 2019 16:50|
Our client is a reputable financial services company based in the Greater Western Sydney region. The working environment can be described as friendly, flexible, professional and collaborative with excellent career development and growth opportunities. Other perks include an on-site gym, weekly free lunches, social events and more.
As Senior Analyst and 2IC to the Analytics Lead you'll be responsible for mentoring junior analysts and delivering a range of end to end projects across the actuarial and commercial areas such as actuarial pricing work, propensity and churn modelling, elasticity modelling and media mix modelling.
The key accountabilities for the role will cover a 50/50 mix of actuarial pricing and valuation work as well as analytics and insights related tasks such as development of machine learning and / or statistical models to optimise various areas of the business.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Actuarial Studies
- 4 - 6 years' commercial experience in an analytics or data driven role
- Strong experience and practical understanding of statistical modelling and machine learning techniques
- Experience with various types of data sets
- Strong conceptual, problem solving and analytical skills with high attention to detail
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Well-versed in SQL, advanced MS Excel, Python and/or R
Non-Essential / Highly Advantageous Skills & Experience
- Commercial pricing experience in either general or life insurance or progress in Part III pricing exam
- Experience as a technical reviewer for various types of models (e.g. GLM, k means cluster, random forests)
- Experience working in a cross functional team
- Familiar with Agile / JIRA / GIT
- Tangible mid to long term career development prospects with a great organisation currently in massive growth phase
- Actuarial study support
- On site gym, coffee shop, free weekly lunches, social events
- Walking distance from train station
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY button and we will happily review your application against our clients' requirements. Please note: we prefer MS Word formatted resumes please.
Please only apply if you have valid Australian working rights.