Senior Analyst/Data Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Analyst/Data Engineer|
|Location:||Sydney CBD, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$750 - AU$850 per day + Super|
|Contact Name:||Henry Brosius|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2019 16:06|
This large enterprise organisation, based in the Sydney CBD, are keen to have an experienced, Agile focussed Senior Analyst/Data Engineer with strong ETL, SQL and data visualisation expertise to join their digital team.
As a Senior Analyst and Data Engineer you will have the challenging responsibility to design, develop and support a wide range of data analytics and business intelligence produce and projects.
Within that position you will be working in an agile, cross-functional team on continuous delivery of analytics solutions with a big focus on test driven development and automation.
As the team is Agile focussed you will also be tasked with running the daily stand-up on a rotational basis.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership in developing data platforms and systems as well as data analysis, data design and development of predictive and analytical data models and reports.
- Assist in design and implementation of development environment and tools with a focus on cloud-based data driven process and analytics.
- Implement cloud data architectures to effectively capture, integrate, organize, centralize and maintain data.
- Perform code reviews and analysis.
- Drive security best practices for handling and processing data.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications or substantial equivalent experience in the information technology industry.
- 10 + years of experience as a data engineer with strong ETL experience dealing with large complex data as well as expertise with SQL.
- Strong data architecture, data integration and data transformation experience.
- Solid experience in data warehousing platforms (AWS Redshift, Azure SQL Data Warehouse)
- Good with CI/CD tools such as GIT/Bitbucket, Jenkins/Bamboo, Gulp or Webpack
- Experience in AWS technologies and services including CloudFormation, API Gateway, S3, and Lamdba.
- Proven experience with data visualization tools including Tableau and QuickSight.
- Solid Agile methodologies including Kanban, CI/CD etc. and experience with TDD and/or BDD.
- Strong Skills with Java, Python or simular language.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexibly and provide rostered on-call support outside of business hours.
This is an excellent long-term contract opportunity to work with a prominent enterprise organisation on multiple data analytics and business intelligence produce and projects.
You will enjoy a highly competitive contract rate, have a high potential for continued extensions and will be close to public transportation.
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY button and we will happily review your application against our clients' requirements.
Please note: we prefer MS Word formatted resumes please.
Please only apply if you have valid Australian residency or citizenship.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Principal Software Engineer
Surry Hills, New South Wales
AU$180000 - AU$200000 per annum
Bella Vista, New South Wales
AU$100000 - AU$140000 per annum + plus super
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
AU$1200 - AU$1300 per day + including super
Project Manager - Payroll systems
Macquarie Park, New South Wales
AU$900 - AU$1000 per day