Senior Android Developer
|Job Title:||Senior Android Developer|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Melissa Turkington|
|Job Published:||September 24, 2019 12:00|
Make your mark, taking the lead on everything Android in this close-knit, friendly technology organisation. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, they have been growing membership substantially each year and now sit at over 3 million members in over 200 countries. The company prides itself on building cutting-edge products and features with their talented team.
They are seeking a Senior Android Developer who is able to start asap to take over the reins.
Reporting to the CTO, you will be the lead Android Developer, owning the development of the applications, defining the direction of the codebase and produce a great experience for users.
You will work on existing code, improving where necessary, and be a key mentor for more junior staff.
Key accountabilities include:
- Own the development of Android application, define the direction of the codebase and produce a great experience for our users
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Product and Engineering team to understand problems and come up with creative solutions
- Work closely with the design team to ensure the application meets the Android Material Design guidelines
- Develop and iterate within a lean, yet fast-paced Engineering team
- Resolve bugs based on QA and user feedback
Essential Skills and Experience: (Only apply if you have the following)
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as an Android Developer, some of which will be in a start-up environment.
- Experience and knowledge of the Android platform/SDK and development with Android Studio (including debugging techniques)
- Fluency and experience in Java along with good unit testing practices
- Experience with or desire to work with Kotlin (this is a big plus)
- Advocacy of SOLID object-oriented design principles and have your opinions about the advantages and pitfalls of the different architectural patterns (MVVM, MVC etc)
- Knowledge of the Material Design guidelines
- Experience with development processes and tools eg. Git, CI/CD, Crash reporting, JIRA/Confluence, etc
- Successfully designed and shipped Android applications to the Google Play store conforming to Android Quality Guidelines.
If you have also designed your own app, this will be looked upon very favourably.
- Experience with SQL and working database experience (client-side)
- Experience and exposure to different mobile platforms (e.g. iOS, Mobile Web, etc.)
- Familiarity with agile and scrum methodologies and a highly collaborative atmosphere
- Competitive salary depending on experience, + stock options
- CBD location
- Great culture, very relaxed, family friendly
- The role can be tailored around the individual to ensure continuous learning and development
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY button and we will happily review your application against our clients' requirements. Please note: we prefer MS Word formatted resumes please.
Please only apply if you have valid Australian working rights.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Full Stack Developer
Bondi Junction, New South Wales
AU$850 - AU$900 per day
Senior Full Stack .NET Developer
Bondi Junction, New South Wales
Up to AU$155000.00 per annum
Rozelle, New South Wales
AU$150000 - AU$160000.00 per annum + plus super
Mulesoft Developer - Long Contract - $975 Per Day
Parramatta, New South Wales
AU$900 - AU$975 per day
Senior Technical Business Analyst
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
AU$950 - AU$1040 per day + including super