Senior Linux Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Linux Engineer|
|Location:||Pyrmont, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$750 - AU$950 per day|
|Contact Name:||Melissa Turkington|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2020 11:36|
This large well known organisation is currently working on a project for enhanced patch management across approximately 200-300 operating systems. They operate in a large scale and complex environment and with many different stakeholders.
This role will be all hands on deck in order to get through the volume of operating systems by year end. You will enjoy the fast paced nature utilising your extensive RedHat Linux experience combined with exceptional soft skills.
- The role works with complex integrated systems with lots of different levels of operating systems. Some systems are due to expire and are on old versions of RedHat. These need to be rapidly brought up to speed to RedHat version 7/8.
- This will require assessing which systems are being used, by who, and whether they need to be upgraded to later versions or can be turned off or moved to a cloudbased environment. This will require a lot of interrogation and you must be able to navigate through the process.
- You will also be required to liase with multiple stakeholders, assessing their needs and providing expert advice.
Extensive Red Hat Linux experience, - you will be an expert in this area, In addition you will have:
- Extensive Centos experience,
- Extensive Redhat Ansible eg Tower,
- Redhat Satellite,
- Ability to document
- Debian (desirable but not essential),
- Excellent communication skills
Successful candidates will understand basic software architecture and AWS cloud is a huge bonus.
Most importantly you MUST be proactive in getting stuck into the role, taking ownership of responsibilities with little supervision and be able to communicate with a range of stakeholders across the organisation.
Whilst the organisation is based in Sydney, you are able to work from home therefore candidates living in other states can also apply.
The initial contract is 3 months however there may be opportunities across the team to utilise your skill set after this period.
How to apply
Please send your latest CV is WORD format by clicking on the APPLY now button.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Principal Software Engineer
Surry Hills, New South Wales
AU$180000 - AU$200000 per annum
Bella Vista, New South Wales
AU$100000 - AU$140000 per annum + plus super
Project Manager - IT Security Uplift Project
Macquarie Park, New South Wales
AU$900 - AU$1000 per day
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
AU$1200 - AU$1300 per day + including super
Project Manager - Data Governance
Sydney, New South Wales
AU$1100 - AU$1300 per day