Senior Systems Officer - Server Engineering
|Job Title:||Senior Systems Officer - Server Engineering|
|Location:||Parramatta, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$657 - AU$766 per day + inclusive|
|Contact Name:||Jane Wong|
|Job Published:||December 06, 2019 15:30|
High profile government agency leading the way in digital and integrated systems seeks an experienced Senior Systems Officer - Server Engineering.
This is a key role in management of infrastructure, implementation and operations of the Microsoft server environment. You will be responsible for leading the smooth operation of Microsoft server platforms with an emphasis on business roadmap activities including patching, customer satisfaction, process improvement and migration/transition project support.
- Perform proactive problem resolution and complex problem analysis as necessary, to maintain system performance to meet user demand
- Participate in projects to on board new customers and services to the Microsoft Server platforms.
- Develop, maintain and perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages
- Evaluate new messaging Microsoft server solutions and monitor the market for emerging technology. Provide advice and recommendation to ICT programs and IS teams on opportunities for service improvement.
- Take initiative and look for opportunities in the Change and Event management processes to ensure improve these processes and maintain compliance towards the methodologies
- Train and mentor the other members of the team to ensure they have the knowledge and abilities to assist other teams, existing LHD and Service Desk personnel for resolution of complex server related issues.
- Preparation of reports that document the various performance characteristics of the information technology service delivery that relate to technical issues.
Key requirements (PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING)
- 4+ years experience in Microsoft Windows Server infrastructure, CIFS file share management and Anti- virus infrastructure in supporting enterprise environments and knowledge in Microsoft SQL server technology.
- Strong Powershell experience
- Demonstrated experience and/or qualifications in using System Centre Configuration Manager for patch management and SOE deployment and management. developing systems and support documentation
- Demonstrated experience in Incident, Change and Event management processes and technologies as aligned with ITIL methodologies
- Ability to resolve issues in a complex server operating environment
- Good stakeholder engagement
- Start asap
- 6 month contract
- Flexible work options, Parramatta location
- $657-766.50 per day inclusive, depending on experience
How to apply
Please click on the APPLY button and we will happily review your application against our clients' requirements. Please note: we prefer MS Word formatted resumes please.
Please only apply if you have valid Australian working rights.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Project Officer / Junior Project Manager
Sydney, New South Wales
AU$75 - AU$85 per hour + including super
Senior Project Manager
Bella Vista, New South Wales
AU$160000.00 - AU$180000.00 per annum
Senior Technical Applications Specialist
Chatswood, New South Wales
AU$800 - AU$900 per day + including super, wfh 3-4 days/week
Senior Java Developer
Parramatta, New South Wales
Senior PMO Analyst
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
AU$120000 - AU$134000 per annum + including super