Software Architect - Java/J2EE
|Job Title:||Software Architect - Java/J2EE|
|Location:||Macquarie Park, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$1000 - AU$1100 per day|
|Contact Name:||Henry Brosius|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2020 13:45|
This well-known enterprise organisation has an immediate opening for a Java/J2EE Software Architect to join their applications team based in Macquarie Park.
As the Java/J2EE Software Architect you will be responsible for the development of application technology and mapping business requirements to technical requirements.
The position will focus on delivering applications and associated environment security related projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Producing architectural documentation and leading engineering implementation for Secure SDLC, Secure Pipeline, and Security Remediation's for Applications, Updates to web content templates, Java Development Frameworks and Java Application Performance Tuning.
- Designing and implementing a responsive, highly scalable and "Always On" application architecture.
- Help guide the technology direction by recommending specific technologies to pursue.
- Develop, test and implement application landscapes and report on delivery commitments.
- Lead requirements workshops, document and or assist in documenting requirements, solution design options, present solution designs at various architectural governance forums.
- Primary point of contact for solution designs and implementation risks/issues.
- Develop cost and benefit analysis for recommended Infrastructures and assist in developing quality business cases and other commercial documents.
- Engage relevant stakeholders, understand business problems and align application technology.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience with application architecture.
- 6+ years of advanced J2EE development experience.
- Experienced with large-scale software engineering environments including designing, developing and running of enterprise web applications.
- Experience with content management systems including Drupal and TeamSite.
- Experience designing and performance tuning large-scale application deployments.
- Exposure to application solution design utilising modern architectures like micro-services, reactive architectures and event-driven architectures,
- Advanced experience with Java 1.8 or above and functional programming with Lambda Expressions, Streams, Multi-Threading and JDBC.
- Practical knowledge of Java Profilers, like VisualVM, NetBeans, and YourKit.
- Desirable to have experience in a complex SOA architecture designing; with a focus on applications in Java/J2EE and related infrastructure components.
- Strong communication, presentation, and advisory skills.
- Any experience or exposure with the cloud migration of applications will be advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a well-known enterprise organisation on multiple interesting and challenging projects.
You will enjoy an exceptional long-term (10 month) contract, highly competitive contract rate and will be close to public transportation.
How to apply:
Please click on the APPLY button and we will happily review your application against our clients' requirements.
Please note: we prefer MS Word formatted resumes please.
Please only apply if you have valid Australian residency or citizenship.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
.NET Software Developer
Chatswood, New South Wales
Up to AU$66 per hour + up to $65 per hour
Pyrmont, New South Wales
Adabas Natural Developer
Parramatta, New South Wales
.NET Solution Developer
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
AU$700 - AU$800 per day
Senior Linux Engineer
Pyrmont, New South Wales
AU$750 - AU$950 per day