|Job title:||Team Lead|
|Salary:||AU$125000 - AU$134000 per annum|
|Contact name:||Lee Hogben|
High profile NSW Government Agency is seeking a Team Lead for a 12-month Fixed Term Hire.
The Team Lead will be responsible for managing a multi-disciplinary team of up to 9 business analysts, developers and testers to design, build and maintain software solutions through the software development lifecycle. They will help drive a culture of continuous improvement, lean thinking, and ensure their team meets its commitments. This is a non-technical role with no hands-on development.
The role offers flexible working arrangements including a 35-hour working week as well as being mostly WFH, only occasionally in the office to attend meetings. The team is very stable with most having been there for 5+ years and the role has high chances to extend or become permanent.
- Build and maintain team-work schedules which align to high-level program schedules and deadlines
- Act as liaison between their team and stakeholders to ensure the team meets agreed goals in delivering custom software solutions and enhancements, and provide progress reports to Project Managers and stakeholders
- Monitor the quality and status of team deliverables, anticipating and addressing dependencies, roadblocks and distractions which may otherwise impede progress
- Maintain up to date information in planning and progress monitoring tools, regularly analysing plans and progress to maximise value
- Ensure team members follow applicable software delivery processes and standards, understand their roles, and work requirements
- Coordinate and validate estimates of time and effort for work proposed to be undertaken by their team
- Ensure the team remains flexible, proactively identifying and implementing opportunities to improve their efficiency and workflow
- At least 3 years' experience managing and leading technical teams in the delivery of complex software projects, preferably in both Waterfall and Agile environments
- Strong communication skills with a focus on engaging at a technical level with teams to maximise individual team member and overall team performance
- Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and scope work to deliver software changes
- Experience with team scheduling and coordination
- Demonstrated experience use a range of software development planning, monitoring and quality assurance tools, e.g. Jira, Zephr, Azure DevOps, HP ALM
- Working knowledge of Lean, DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Ideally have worked on projects with the Microsoft technology stack
- Politically neutral with no affiliation to political parties or lobbyists / campaigners
- Satisfactory criminal record check results
You must be either an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident to be considered for this role.
Please send your CV in WORD format only.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our privacy-policy