Technical Business Analyst
|Job Title:||Technical Business Analyst|
|Location:||St Leonards, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$165000 - AU$181000 per annum + + discretionary bonus|
|Contact Name:||Melissa Turkington|
|Job Published:||March 30, 2022 15:46|
This boutique Family Office trade futures and FX markets, focused heavily on research and sophisticated mathematical techniques.
They have a friendly and exciting company culture that encourages high achievement and continuous improvement.
You will be required to use your analytical skills to design and implement state-of-the-art real-time applications to service their trading requirements, working closely with developers and researchers. An opportunity also exists over time to manage specific projects from specification through to production release.
- Working with stakeholders to understand business requirements, including defining business processes, systems and data requirements
- The conceptual design of software components for a real-time trading system through strong collaboration with the Research and Development teams.
- The provision of thought leadership on software technical designs and the ability to brainstorm with Technical Leads/Architects to agree implementation designs that will meet business requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining strong collaborative relations with stakeholders and their teams
- Product Owner responsibilities, including participation in production definition, backlog grooming and testing/release sign off
You must possess and be able to demonstrate:
- A detailed understanding of financial transactions (with preference given to knowledge of Futures Trading and FX).
- "Hands on" experience in all aspects of designing systems for the processing of financial transactions, and ideally algorithmic trading systems. You may have had previous software development experience with real time financial trading systems.
- Very strong analytical skills and an absolute attention to detail.
- Very strong writing skills, with a proven talent for writing clear concise documentation.
- Critical thinking ability and strong problem-solving capabilities.
- A strong understanding of all aspects of systems/software development using an Agile process.
- Experience and knowledge working within Agile/scrum environments including estimation, user story and acceptance criteria definition
- Good knowledge of the requirements for on-line, real-time, multi-user processing, alongside the ability to understand technical architecture at a business appropriate level (consequences, scalability etc)
- Experience in integration testing.
Preference will be given to applicants that also possess;
- Experience with real-time data feeds.
- Experience with and knowledge of electronic trading platforms.
- Knowledge of FIX or similar protocols.
- A good technical understanding of computer networks and communication protocols.
- A demonstrated ability to work with software Development Teams to design and implement robust and scalable software solutions
Ideally your experience will have been gained in the operations area of a financial institution or in providing IT services to departments within a financial institution.
This is a permanent opportunity, based in Sydney.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Technical Business Analyst
Sydney, New South Wales
AU$950 - AU$1045 per day
Homebush, New South Wales
AU$800 - AU$900 per day
Head of Systems and Development
Bondi Junction, New South Wales
AU$200000 - AU$220000 per annum + discretionary bonus
Full Stack Developer
Sydney, New South Wales
Up to AU$161700 per annum
Program Manager - Cloud Transformation
Inner West Sydney, New South Wales
AU$1200 - AU$1430 per day