Senior Information Security Consultant
Senior Information Security Specialist
- Contract Opportunity
- Daily rate negotiable
- 6 months initial contract
- Exciting working environment
My client is a dynamic, progressive and growing Medical Technology organisation based in Sydney's western suburbs. The company is currently going through a growth period and implementing various systems and processes into the business to support with this growth and need to ensure that people, processes and technology have a focus on enhanced information management and security practices whist maintaining customer service excellence.
Working within a continually changing business and technology landscape, the Senior Information Security Consultant plays a crucial role in identifying and managing organisational risks in support of the organisation's growth objectives. Contribute to the business strategy by applying information security thought leadership to help solve business problems and deliver them in a clear and articulate manner. Review new technology deployments to ensure their compliance with relevant company and industry policies and standards.
- Contribute to the business strategy by applying information security thought leadership to help solve business problems and deliver them in a clear and articulate manner.
- Provide authoritative expertise and advice across a range of national and international standards and information security best practices.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on potential threats, trends and relevant events that may threaten the organisation's IT risk position.
- Manage complex and challenging projects to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company's information assets.
- Review new technology deployments to ensure their compliance with relevant company and industry policies and standards.
- Produce solution architecture documentation for information security initiatives and facilitate approval by the companies Architecture team and other relevant stakeholders.
Mandatory Requirements (Please ONLY apply for this role is you have the following)
- Degree qualified in a related IT discipline.
- Applicable certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM)
- ITIL certification or experience of working within an ITIL oriented organisation.
- Minimum of 10 years commercial experience in Information Technology, with at least 5 years specialising in a Senior Information Security role.
- A deep understanding of Risk Management principles and frameworks.
- A solid understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF) and security architecture frameworks (e.g. SABSA).
- Experience working with relevant industry standards and guidelines including ISO 27000, PCI-DSS, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ITIL, COBIT, Privacy, etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of Internet and network security systems and tools including firewalls, load balancers, WAFs IDP, PKI and remote access systems.
- Experience with VMware, Microsoft, UNIX and Linux Operating Systems. Exposure to private & public Cloud platforms (i.e. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, AWS, Azure).
- Contract Opportunity
- Immediate start
- Negotiable daily rate
If your skills do not fit the mandatory requirements of this role but you would like us to assist you in your job search, please Do NOT apply here. Please forward your resume for a fast response to